Terms & Conditions
Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. If you are unsatisfied with a product, you can notify us via the contact form and our team will provide all the details for initiating a return.
As soon as the returned product(s) are received back to our warehouse in good condition our team will issue your refund. In order to process your return as quickly as possible we ask that your order number is clearly marked on all boxes. Please note that the shipment of a return is to be independently arranged and covered by the customer, with products received back to our warehouse within 30 days from the delivery or pick-up date. Just like most return policies we are only able to accept returned items that are in original packaging and like-new condition. This means that products with any scratches, stains, damages, or modifications cannot be returned. Please note that Standard Shipping and White Glove Shipping charges from the original order are not able to be refunded once these services have been provided by the carrier.
We are only able to issue refunds via the original method used for payment on the order. If the original method of payment is no longer available, we would be happy to issue a store credit equal to the amount of the refund.
Custom orders or products marked as Final Sale or Clearance are not able to be returned or refunded. Any item marked as “Final Sale” or “Clearance” is not covered by our usual Warranty.
Damaged or Defective Items
We stand behind the quality of products we sell. While cases are rare, damages and defects do happen.
- Inspect item upon delivery. If you need to store your items for an extended period of time, such as during construction or renovation, please be sure to inspect the product before moving them into storage as the (3) day claims window will still apply.
- If damage is noted, accept delivery and sign off with the carrier “damaged upon arrival”
- Photograph the item and packaging.
- If an item or part is structurally damaged and completely unusable, refuse delivery of the damaged item or part only
- Do not refuse undamaged items or parts, you are responsible for all redelivery costs, including but not limited to storage fees
- To file a claim, email all photos and your order number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claims received in excess of (3) calendar days beyond the delivery will not be accepted
- Photographs must be clear and attached to your claim within (3) calendar days
- We will send a replacement via Standard Shipping, offer a blemish discount, or offer local repair reimbursement at our discretion. In the event of a replacement, items with structural damage and/or determined unusable will be fully replaced with an in-stock item where possible; items with aesthetic blemishes will be subject to a custom order replacement
- The customer may be responsible for any labor and/or shipping of parts/(s)
- Protégé Casual will not cover the costs for damaged or defective items in the event that the furniture was made damaged or defective as a result of customer negligence
- If you do not accept any of our solutions to the case, you will be responsible for the safe return of the items (s) under our return policy
- In the event Protégé deems all resolution attempts have failed, Protégé reserves the right at any time to cancel and refund the damaged or defective item in full, less all associated shipping charges
- All items marked as Final Sale or Clearance are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for other items as they are sold in the condition as is. Final Sale or Clearance items are exempt from regular store policy and are not covered by Protégé Warranty. Strictly no exceptions will be made for Final Sale or Clearance items
Cancellation – Unshipped
- You can cancel your order for a full refund before the order is set up for shipment. Please note that this does not apply to Custom Orders.
Cancellation – Shipped
- You can cancel your order once it has been set up for shipment, however please be aware that the costs of both outbound and return shipping will be reduced from your refund amount. Please note that this does not apply to Custom Orders.
Cancellation – Custom Orders
- Once a custom order has entered production and moved to ‘In Production’ status all costs of production have been incurred and therefore a cancellation is no longer possible and balance paid cannot be refunded.
If you have already received your order, please refer to the Return Policy above as a cancellation is no longer available.
Refunds can only be issued via the method of the original purchase. If original method of payment is no longer available, we will issue store credit equal to the amount of the refund. It may take up to 14 business days for credit to appear, depending on your bank.
Protégé Casual cannot be held responsible for third party costs. Returns received past 30 days from the date of receipt and/or not received in original condition cannot be refunded.
Shipping charges, custom and special-order furniture and non-stock items are non-refundable.
Standard Shipping, Express Shipping, and White Glove Delivery Service charges are not refundable. We do not accept any returns or exchanges on custom and special-order furniture.
All items marked as Final Sale or Clearance are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for other items as they are sold in the condition as is. Final Sale or Clearance items are exempt from regular store policy Strictly no exceptions will be made for Final Sale or Clearance items.
What Does this Warranty Cover?
This warranty covers manufacturing defects in Protégé Casual furniture.
How Long Does The Coverage Last?
This warranty starts from the date of delivery.
This warranty lasts for 10 years on our aluminum frames and 3 years on the powder coated finish of failures from residential, non-commercial usage.
Sunbrella Warranty: 5 year limited warranty guaranteed against loss of colour, loss of strength, abrasion, pilling from normal usage and exposure conditions including sunlight, mildew, and atmospheric chemicals when used for appropriate applications.
Fire Table Warranty: for Protégé produced fire tables, this warranty lasts for 1 year for all burner components. Frame and powder coated finishes are subject to the above noted warranties.
What Will Protégé Do?
For the 10 year warranty on frame structural failures, Protégé Casual will provide replacement part(s) at no charge with a lead time of the best of our ability.
The customer is responsible for any labour and/or shipping charges on the replacement part(s).
For the 5 year warranty on Sunbrella fabric related failures, Protégé will reimburse local repair charges under the condition that the repair service quote is first approved by Protégé, OR have the replacement fabric cut and sewn in house while using the original foam/fiber inserts.
For the 1 year burner warranty on Protégé Fire Tables, Protégé will repair/replace components on the burner at Protégé head office, OR ship out parts/components to the address on the order file.
What Does This Warranty Not Cover?
Any problem that is caused by other abuse, misuse or an act of nature (such as wind, flood, freezing water – including splitting and breakage from water accumulation in tubing due to improper storage), animal damage, burn marks (including those resulting from sunlight passing through glass filled with liquid which can at certain times act as a magnifying lens) and failure to take reasonable care of the furniture including proper care and maintenance is neither covered. Consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Coverage terminates if you sell or otherwise transfer the furniture. If the products are removed from the mainland US & Canada the warranty is considered void.
All items marked as Final Sale or Clearance are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for other items as they are sold in the condition as is. Final Sale or Clearance items are exempt from regular store polic. Strictly no exceptions will be made for Final Sale items.
Lighting is only covered by Protégé Limited Warranty for 1 year.
How Do You Get Service?
For any warranty inquiries please complete email the following information to email@example.com: include your order number, a description of the issue, and pictures or video of the product.